It’s that time of the year again. Alexis of www.shadesofalexis.wordpress.com and myself have collaborated to bring you great style inspiration for a valentine’s day dinner date. We are dishing out style tips for Valentine’s day dinner night.
If you’re having date night dinner at a fancy restaurant with your significant other for Valentine’s, the first thing that should come to mind is “fine dining, serene ambiance”. These would help you figure out what to wear for your date.
If you are going for a dinner date, this involves a dress shirt, a pair of properly tailored trousers, a jacket and a nice pair of leather shoes or loafers. No matter how informal the date is, pay attention to your shoes as your shoes say a lot about you so ensure it’s clean, functional and stylish. Same for your outfit.
1 Get the fit right: There’s nothing sadder than seeing someone obviously uncomfortable in the clothes they’re wearing and awkwardly hoping it might magically snap into shape.
2 Focus on looking stylish as the goal is to look snazzy.
3 If you don’t feel confident in what you are wearing, don’t wear it.
4 Wear a stylish accessory: A stylish detail like a pocket square in a jacket breast pocket, a brooch on your lapel or quality watch on your wrist can elevate your style.
1 Make sure to get your hair trimmed.
2 Make sure to wear a nice cologne.
3 Make sure to clean your fingernails and trim nose hair.
4 Take a shower an hour before you leave.
Here are a few styling tips that should help you get ready;
1. Get your outfit right. It’s dinner at a fancy restaurant of your choice therefore it’s advisable to wear a dress paired with nice stiletto heels. This always makes a statement.
2. Make sure your shoe fits. If your heels are ill-fitted make sure you change them so they don’t cause blisters or awkward walking movements. Feel free to wear lower heels if they make you comfortable because the most important thing is your comfort.
3. Pay attention to your outfits needs when styling your hair. Some outfits require an up-do while others go well with your hair let down.
4. Never forget about jewellery because sometimes your outfit could be missing just the right jewellery to make it pop.
5. Last but definitely not the least, wear your makeup properly. Make sure to blend till your fingers fall off. No one wants a caricature for a date.
1. Always carry extra cash or like I like to call it “vex money”.
2. Cleanliness is next to godliness. Make sure your outfits are clean as well as your body.
3. Above all, smell good. Nothing screams “sexy” like a man/woman who smells nice.
Two-piece suit: @Regiumstudios
Shoes, Jewellery and Cufflinks: @Jumianigeria
Make Up: @Mozoebeauty