TOP 16 RESORTS IN NIGERIA
Have you been working all year long and you need a break? Have you been so hooked up on house/domestic chores and you need a get away spot? Have you been so worked up on business that you need a place to relax? Are you just visiting Nigeria and you need list of resorts to visit to have a good time?
Check our detailed and educative list to help you carefully select according to taste, environment and other consideration.
A resort is a self-contained commercial establishment that tries to provide most of a vacationer’s wants, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment, and shopping, on the premises. The term resort may be used for a hotel property that provides an array of amenities, typically including entertainment and recreational activities.
Resort is an area where many people go for recreation, playground, vacation spot.
The main purpose of a resort is to offer relaxation and recreation in addition to accommodation, eals and other basic facilities.
Different types of Resort which has been listed are:
- Beach Resorts.
- Golf Resorts.
- Island Resorts.
- Luxury Resorts.
- Lake Resorts.
- Mountain Resorts.
- Ski Resorts.
- Spa Resorts.
TOP 16 RESORTS IN NIGERIA ARE:
1. Virginrose Resorts is a stylish hotel that provides accommodation as well as modern meeting facilities ensures an enjoyable holiday for business guests, tourists and families.
Location: Plot 123LA Bishop Oluwole Street P.O Box 75647 , Lagos, Nigeria.
It is close to major banks, financial institutions, shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants and clubs for the convenience of leisure and business travellers.
Enjoy the quality of food prepared at the on site restaurant
Each room at Virginrose Resorts has a king size bed, bedding items, a closet, en suite bathroom, an air conditioner, a refrigerator and a full work desk.
The onsite Bar and Restaurant offers a variety of delicious cuisines as well as fine cocktails.
Services available 24-hour front desk, Concierge service, Luggage storage, Express check-in/check-out, Cleaning services, Daily maid service, Ironing service, Dry cleaning/Laundry service and room service
Airport shuttle service(additional charges), ironing service(additional services), dry cleaning/ laundry service (additional charges) on request.
Palms Shopping Mall, Ikeja City Mall, National Museum, Onikan, Lagos, Kuramo Beach, Nike Art Gallery, and the Lagos Bar Beach.
2. Whispering Palms Resort is situated in an environment that provides a stunning ambience. It is surrounded by beautiful green scenery that enhances the aesthetic feel of the resort. It provides guests with what they need to get away from the usual hustle and bustle of Lagos– one is the private beach with a breezy atmosphere.
Location: at Iworo/Adijo Town, Badagry, Lagos.
Whispering Palm Hotel is the ideal choice for families on vacation and lovers.
Excellent customer services that provide guests with a satisfying experience.
The rooms it offers are homey with facilities that are functioning effectively. The toilet and bathroom are modern and come with toiletries for guests’ comfort.
The room categories at Whispering Palms Resort include: Standard Room, Mini Suite, Rear Room and Mini Executive.
Complimentary breakfast is served to guests.
Additional services: laundry/dry cleaning, car hire, ironing, concierge, 24 hours room service, security personnel, a round-the-clock power supply is also available and provisions for ample parking space has been provided.
Interesting Places to Visit near Whispering Palms Resort
Badagry Heritage Museum
Mobee Slave Museum
Agia Tree Memorial
3. Nike Lake Resort: Enjoy the perfect business getaway with breathtaking views in a very secure and tranquil setting. Nike Lake Resort is a short fifteen minutes drive from the airport and only ten minutes from the city centre.
Location: It is situated on the banks of Nike Lake in Enugu Nigeria.
You will find at this serene resort everything you need to make your stay a memorable one.
The resort has 210 well appointed rooms and suites, suitable for all tastes and budgets.
All rooms overlook the well manicured gardens or the lake and each room provides the comfort and luxury that is expected from an international three star hotel.
Interesting Places to Visit
Ohum Spiritual Water Falls 45km away
Milken Hill 8km away
National Museum 10km away
Enugu golf club – 18 hole golf course – 12km away
Shopping and banking facilities 10 minutes drive
4. Ikogosi Warm Springs Resort allows you to explore the unique scenery of warm and cold spring flowing side by side to form a confluence, each maintaining its thermal properties. This merging of warm and cold water is the first of its kind in the world. The verdant and thick green; the intimate and warm feelings of the hotel accommodations erected under clear skies, add to the visual spectacle of the Ikogosi Warm Spring.
Location: Ipole Iloro Efon Alaaye Road, Ikogosi, Ekiti State, Nigeria.
Opening Hours: 8 AM- 7 PM (Monday – Sunday)
The Ikogosi Warm Springs which is situated in a dense forest extends over a hilly landscape. The volume of water coming from the springs remains constant and warm from morning to evening. This resort centre has over time asserted itself as one of the finest tourist destinations in Nigeria. Also, there are two kinds of trees growing from the same source at the meeting point of the warm and cold springs. This symbolizes unity, harmony and oneness.
Tall trees around the conflux of warm and cold springs providing a tall canopy for you.
Best Time to Visit Ikogosi Warm Spring
Ikogosi Warm Spring witnesses a large influx of tourist during the holiday period (December especially). So, if your idea of visiting this place is to relax in a serene, peaceful, and quiet environment, under good weather, then make it a priority to go between the months of February and April. If you’re going to spend more than one day at this place, then ensure that you book a room at least a day before your visit.
5. E-class resorts Hotel: Location: within 2 miles (3 km) of Nigerian National Mosque, E-Class Resorts is within 3 miles (5 km) of National Hospital Abuja.
Free continental breakfast
Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
Free parking if you drive.
Front-desk staff can answer questions 24/7, and assist with concierge services, dry cleaning/laundry, and securing valuables.
6. Green Legacy Resort : This luxurious 4-Star resort offers breathtaking scenery with world class facilities over a large expanse of land; it is ideal for both business and pleasure.
Location: near the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library complex along the Presidential Boulevard Way, NNPC Bus stop, Oke Mosa, Abeokuta, Ogun state.
Boasts over 100 rooms that come in the categories of Standard rooms, Deluxe, Superior Double, Easter package, Family Connecting room, Standard Suite, Diplomatic Suite, and the Ambassadorial Suite.
Each of these rooms comes with excellent facilities which include luxurious king-size beds, intercom system, air conditioning, sofa and center table, study desk and chair, wireless internet access, flat screen television set with access to a plethora of local and international television channels, en-suite bathroom with state-of-the-art bathtub and shower facilities, hair dryer and refrigerator.
Top class hospitality facilities which include grand outdoor pools, a bar stocked with the finest wines and spirits with an ultra-comfortable lounge.
A restaurant that offers diverse exotic cuisines from the local and intercontinental spheres with the additional service of a daily complimentary breakfast, top class security arrangements supplemented by the use of surveillance cameras and well trained security personnel, round-the-clock electric power supply, adequate car parking spaces, excellent fitness facilities complemented by a well-equipped standard gym, event hosting facilities, and a tastefully furnished conference room.
Aesome services such as spa and sauna services, beauty salon, luggage storage, business centre, dry cleaning, and lawn tennis facilities.
Places of interest near the Green Legacy Resort
Olusegun Obasanjo Cinema House
Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library
NNPC Mega Station
DLK Event Center
7. Aridolf resort wellness and spa is a full service spa located at the Aridolf Resort Wellness,it offers a a wide range of beauty treatments,skin exfoliation and facial treatments.At the Aridolf spa,you are sure to receive a memorable relaxed experience that would leave you coming back for more
Location: Yenegoa, Bayelsa.
Safety: There is no threat to security at this location
A well equipped fitness gym
A swimming pool
Free internet service in all its rooms.
Additional services like convenience storage service,baby sitting and dry cleaning are available at the resort
Best Time to Visit
Best Time to visit the spa would be during the day and late evenings, you are sure to enjoy the serene environment more then.
8. Salt spring resort offers a natural and beautiful serene environment . With a lot of sites to attract tourists, Salt Spring Abakaliki is surely a must go hotel The environment is where every tourist wants to visit.
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi state.
78 rooms and a 24 hours room and restaurant service with choice of Nigerian and continental dishes, you are exactly where you should be. Salt Spring Resort (Nanet Group) is an affordable hotel in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
9. Orange resort one of the most exotic relaxation destinations in Africa, Orange Resort welcomes guests to an oasis of tranquillity and rejuvenation.
Location: 151 MCC Road, Calabar, Cross River.
Draped in a setting of natural beauty, Orange resort provides guests with a serene and eco-friendly environment.
Luxurious air-conditioned rooms are divided into Orange Standard, Orange Deluxe and Orange Suite.
Each room is fitted with bedside cabinet, direct-dial telephone, work chair and table, TV with DSTV channels, lamps and an en-suite bathroom.
Guests can enjoy an array of meals and vegetarian dishes at the on-site restaurant. The resort also provides guests with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
A suya spot is also available on-site.
Quality services and facilities like free parking space, wireless internet access, children playground, luggage storage, POS services, Nightclub, a gym, swimming pool and CCTV cameras.
Airport shuttle, car hire, laundry services, an event hall with seating capacity for 1500 persons, Ironing services and Cyber café are provided at a surcharge.
Interesting Places near Orange Resort
Margaret Ekpo International Airport (6.6 km)
10. King Solomon resort : Location: King Solomon Dive Resort is a comfortable hotel in Mabini, Lagos.
A rich, complimentary breakfast is served each morning.
There is an outdoor swimming pool at the hotel.
Other services: tours/ticket assistance.
Guest parking is offered for a surcharge.
11. Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort: Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom.
Referred to as the pride of Uyo, the five-star golf resort, Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort, is situated atop rich palm vegetations with a breathtaking view over the rainforest stretching forth to the mountain of Cameroon and is well known for its outstanding 18 hole golf course. The on-site restaurant serves one of the most delicious local and intercontinental dishes in this region of the country.
12. Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar, Cross River: One of the finest resorts Nigeria has to offer is Obudu Cattle Ranch, location: highlands of Cross River State.
The resort is notable for having Africa’s longest cable ride which extends from the bottom of the mountain through an extremely winding road to the top of the resort, thus providing the guests with a super exciting view of the mountain and of course offering them a big chance to see the beauty of the region while taking in the freshness of the atmosphere.
13. Zenababs Half Moon Resort, Ilesha, Osun: Located on Prince Oladele Olashore Way, Ilo Aiyegunle, Ilesha, Osun State is Zenababs Half Moon Resort surrounded a good number of natural beauty such as hills and has got spectacular views to make your stay full of a lot of interesting sites seeing.
14. Tinapa Resort, Location: Calabar, Cross River
Tinapa resort is the first integrated business and leisure resort in Nigeria aimed at integrating business with pleasure. It has facilities that enable guests to engage in retail and wholesale activities as well as leisure and entertainment.
15. Kamp Ikare Beach Resort, Location: Ikare, Lagos
Kamp Ikare which can only be accessed by boat is a Miami-style beach resort which fits perfectly as a haven for pleasure seekers in search of solitude or romantic getaway. The resort with its countryside feel has a main communal beach house with 6 duplex cabins positioned around a swimming pool just meters from the sea.
16. La Campagne Tropicana, Location: Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos: La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, believed to be one of Africa’s most visited beach resort, is a paradise beyond every tourist’s imagination. The resort presents a unique mix of a natural environment consisting of a Savannah, fresh water lake, accessible mangrove forest, warm Atlantic sea and extensively sandy beach.
Host of interesting activities like hiking, hunting, horse riding, canoeing, ocean water fishing, aqua aerobics, beach volleyball & football are among the many others to give you the super exciting getaway you desire.
World class accommodation
Fully equipped cardiovascular gym with personal trainers
27-hole golf course.